Old September 19th 03, 09:00 PM
Scott Lindner

Default Please read the FAQ

Yes.. I'm well aware and like to trim as well. I don't like scrolling to
the bottom through multi levels of messages in a single post to read the one
line response at the bottom. But I also don't play net cop either because
through time people will catch on.

My post was in response to the a*hole net cops. why have a newsgroup if
people can't ask questions? ALL questions have been asked before so there's
no need to post if you read first. So I gotta ask again.. why have a
newsgroup? Is it for unique one first time questions? Then I say start a
private news group and include only radical extremist boarder by day / net
cop by night types to discuss the new topics. For the rest of us that want
to talk about things that have been asked before there's should be the
commoners newsgroup.

The other newsgroup I frequent never gets flame wars. But I think it's the
only one like it. This one I mostly just read since it's fairly inactive.
Now that the net cops have come out I'm starting to see why it hasn't been
very active since I started reading it about a year ago.

BTW, just because I didn't make this statement the first couple of times the
RTFM post was made doesn't mean I didn't read it.

I've been around reading for about a year. I had to post in response to the
RTFM message though. It's a good point to make but I guess the net cops
didn't receive it well.

OK.. defensiveness over. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Cheers
Scott

"Scott" wrote in message
Scott Lindner wrote:

Do you butt in and talk over people while in the middle of a verbal
conversation with them ? Well top posting and quote trimming is the NG
equivalent of applying these good manners.

Don't agree with it by all means, we're not fascists in here but be sure
and wear your asbestos undies...it'll get warm in here.

PS had you made the effort to lurk awhile or search back on the NG
you'll see Dave 'throws this RTFM Flag' as a polite reminder (nothing
more or less) on a monthly basis....

btw welcome to RSS.

--
"A man walks into a cake shop and says 'Is that a macaroon or a meringue?'
The assistant replies 'No, you're right. It's a macaroon.'"