Old July 5th 03, 09:49 PM
scott

Default Ski Canada

"john" wrote in message
We went to Whistler in April and the queues were about the worst I have

ever
seen in a ski resort*. 40 minutes for the main gondola up whistler and

10 - 15
minutes at most chairlifts. Blackcomb was much better. Strangely the

pistes were
actually quite empty. It is a resort that would beifit from some serious
investment in lifts.

Sorry John but I can't let that go by without comment.

I think last trip there was Feb '03 first was back in Mar '99...over the
intervening years and subsequent three trips I've never experienced the lift
problems you describe. If it's been as busy at the chairs as you describe
you've probably been riding the main pistes and funnelling into the most
congested areas. Learn the piste map and get out away from the motorways and
you'll have empty pistes and v. short queue times.

Hope you go back and have more luck