Old April 10th 15, 01:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default Cross Country in the Dolomites: Ortisei/Val Gardena - Alpe diSiusi, Val Lunga, Montepanna

Nice to see this group still going. I have moved to the UK about a year ago, no skiing here. But we were able to go skiing in Geilo, Norway, for 10 days. It was my first time in Norway, and first time vacationing w/o a car.. We flew to Bergen (50 GBP round trip), took a bus to the train station (30 min), then took a 3 hr train to Geilo.

Very impressive XC skiing scene in Norway, what can I say! But it was mostly glacier type skiing (very exposed, windy, cold). Norwegians did not seem to care, I preferred to stick around in the woods.