Old October 26th 05, 01:28 PM
Mary Malmros

Marty wrote:
Janica, 2nd by .34 with fastest 2nd run. IF she can stay healthy, and
that's a pretty bif IF, she'll will the overall this year and add a few
more Olympic golds to her already impressive collection. The woman is
amazing.

Oh, she's a miracle of medical science, all right. I wouldn't bet on
that horse; some day it's gonna come up lame and never walk again. That
was what, knee surgeries #34 and #35 in the offseason?

Bode - not bad after almost losing a brother in a motorcycle accident a
few weeks ago. Still, I'm not sure where he's going. I feel he's
really tired of the whole thing.

Take a look at the recent SI article -- it's really good (I'll find the
URL if you can't find it). He's a smart guy, he figures the USOC is
going to want to use him as one of their poster boys, and he's not happy
about that. He has a lot of disagreements with the way things are.

On Schlepper and Koz, their best events are SL.

Yes, and they get such impressive, consistent podium results in that.
My best event is SL too -- doesn't mean I ever win one!

If Kildow can build on
last year and hold that form throug the season, she'll be tough.

She'll be more than tough -- after the 4th place finishes at the Worlds,
she'll be out for blood, and now she knows how to get it. Also, while
Bode Miller has some name recognition with the general public, Joe
Sixpack wouldn't know Lindsay Kildow from a fire hydrant, which is to
her advantage coming into this Olympic year. She won't have the
scrutiny coming in as much; as long as she can hold it together when the
Olympic hysteria takes over, she's got good chances.

And,
I'm looking forward to watching another MN youngster come up through
the ranks - Kaylin Richardson.

Maybe some decent results, but not enough experience to do much this
year, I think.