Old July 1st 03, 05:35 PM
Kyle Legate

Default Skier Maier to lead out Tour de France

Poachise wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote

Top poster "Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
. com...
I don't see that information being put forth. If you have
information to counter what I've put forth please do.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since your understanding in
this area is stretched thin how would you know?

Oh dear. Perhaps you were unaware that this is usenet and your
silly, made-up credentials don't mean anything here.

True, but serious for-real credentials lend credence to an educated man's
arguement.

FWIW, contributors to this thread have included: 1) a
widely-published PhD in exercise physiology who specializes in time
trials, has studied elite cyclists and their performances, and is
probably working on what will be *the* book on cycling power;

Why should we believe a PhD? They are frequently dead wrong, you
know.

Not when they address well researched topics within their chosen field, and
certainly not when compared with the unwashed masses who try to wax
intelligent on topics they know nothing about.

3) a guy who's been in about
600 races. (There are others in this thread whose experiences are
considerable -- it's just that I don't know their bona fides off the
top of my head).

I'm sorry that you all have such boring taste in sports. But
doing the same thing over and over again doesn't make you an
expert, it just makes you a dull, uninteresting child.

Like pointing skiis down a mountain and heading for the bottom? There's
nothing more to alpine skiing than that. Exciting? Sure, but if you've seen
one you've seen them all..

If you think that good and accurate information hasn't been put
forth in this thread, then I'd suggest you reconsider.

I'd posit that perhaps you bicycle racing boys should be debating
whether there is a hyphen in "anal-retentive".

What's to debate? There's no hyphen in anal retentive.