Old November 28th 13, 09:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Happy Thanksgiving

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:47:34 -0800 (PST), wrote
this crap:

On Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:45:47 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm sure everyone, except Trunky, has
something to be thankful for. I have a roof over me, and I'm
surrounded by treasures. I have plenty of friends and family. To use
a metaphor, "My cookie jar is full." God has been good to me.

Horvath, on behalf of most of us, thank you for those kind wishes.

We're just finishing up the last of our Thanksgiving cooking --
a turkey breast, because we can't work through all the
leftovers of a whole turkey. We also have glazed ham,
dressing, russet mashed potatoes, green bean casserole,
about a gallon of real giblet gravy, a pumpkin spice
cheesecake, Tollhouse cookies, and cherry pie.
We are blessed, and thankful for it.

Sounds like you had a feast. I had ham, potatoes, carrots, celery,
dressing, and I cut up a few apples and put them in the roasting pan
with the bird. I cannot stand cranberries or sweet potatoes. I ate
so much I didn't leave room for desert. I have pumpkin pie, Hungarian
cookies, pumpkin bread, and a Hungarian poppyseed roll. Maybe later
I'll have some of that pumpkin bread with a little whipped cream.

We've shared our blessings with elderly families in two counties.
My brother-in-law and my sister have invited us to go out and visit,
and shoot a few guns I've recently acquired but haven't had to
the range yet -- a .45 ACP Taurus, and a Red Chinese
Type 53 chambered in 7.62x54R. It's a licensed copy of the
famous Soviet Mosin Nagant 1891/30.

Well done. I like the .45 ACP Taurus but I'm a military man. I have
a Colt Mark IV/Series 70 Gold Cup .45 right next to me. I prefer the
Gold Cup over the standard Combat Commander because it has a lighter
trigger pull, an adjustable trigger and adjustable sights. My next
pistola will be a Browning 9mm.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.