Old August 20th 03, 12:34 AM
Gary Jacobson

Default glide: skating vs. traditional???

1. Generally I like the feeling of the glide that comes with classic more
than the glide that comes with skating. But I think it depends on what
technique I am feeling more proficient in. Mostly I like the body
orientation and symmetry of classic.

2. For unit of energy I think there is always more glide with skating, Maybe
untrue in extremely cold, or extremely wet conditions when there are good
"dry tracks" vs. unbroken snow that a skating ski has to push through to
glide. I have not heard of a high level freestyle xc ski race won by a
classic skier.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

"GR" wrote in message
I have never tried skate style and was wondering which style had the

better
feeling of glide.
1) Which style glide feels better (qualitative )
2) Which style glides better or more (quantitative).
gr