Old March 12th 04, 02:43 AM
GT

Default New Ski Pole Technology

Are you aware that heated handlebars are *extremely* popular on snowmobiles?
Just because you don't see the need for a product doesn't make everyone else
an idiot. I don't know where you ski, but here in the Northeast it can get
damn cold and forces people inside to warm up. Nothing enjoyable about the
elements when the temperature drops below -30.

-GT
"M" wrote in message
om...
"dingblade" wrote in message

i think you've got a great idea there.. whether they provide more
functionality than disposable hand-warmers is debatable, but it's

definitely
a status gadget that would have a lot of appeal. poles that have no more
functionality than a bamboo stick are being sold here in Whistler for

over
$100 these days.. and people are buying them! good luck with it, it

sounds
like a winner to me.

"kevlaz" wrote in message
om...
I am a student at Northwestern University conducting a marketing
research study on heated ski poles (basically, a normal ski pole with
heated grips). Any thoughts on this technology? Do you think it
would prevent people who get cold on the slopes from cutting their ski
days short?

For someone that actually got into Northwestern, you are a moron.
Heated poles? Give me a break. If you need heated poles, get your
lame ass of the slopes and go drink your hot chocolate in the bar at
the base. Leave the hill to people who actually enjoy the elements
and don't need to be pampered. Nitwit.