Old February 10th 04, 12:21 PM
Steve Pardoe

Default New Ski Pole Technology

"kevlaz" wrote in message
om...
I am a student at Northwestern University conducting a marketing
research study on heated ski poles (basically, a normal ski pole with
heated grips). Any thoughts on this technology?

I'm sure it's technically feasible, but...

Do you think it
would prevent people who get cold on the slopes from cutting their ski
days short?

....no. Are you proposing that skiers take their gloves off to warm them on
the pole handles? Not likely. When I've occasionally had cold hands (like
in Brecken[f]ridge, late January this year) it's been mainly the little
finger, and that has minimal contact with the pole anyway. Better gloves,
massage while on the lift, or conventional hand-warmers are the answer,
IMHO.

Steve Pardoe
England