Old August 17th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

Default cheap mammoth, CA lodging?

Richard Henry wrote:
wrote:
It was impossible to find lodging at Mammoth, CA last Christmas, so I
figure I will book now. Anyone knows of affordable lodging there
(affordable is defined as $100 per night)? We stayed in Lee Vining
last winter at $70 per night, but it's boring there and it's a 40 min
drive to Tamarack where we ski (nordic).

Did you try June Lake? You drove right by the access road on the way
to Mammoth from Lee Vining.

And they have nordic trails there also, although not as fancy as
Tamarack.

Thank you, Henry! I will check them out, but we kind of wanted to be
in the town itself. And yes, we do need fancy trails, too. Oh well.