Old March 28th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Christian Georg Becker

Default Boards: Soft vs. Hard

Neil Gendzwill schrieb:
Your Mom Says wrote:
Once, you go soft, youll never go back.

Well they are certainly more forgiving in general but I don't have any
trouble running flat on very stiff boards. At the speeds I enjoy, soft
boards are no good.

Sometimes you have no choice. Say, Kaltenbach/Hochzillertal in
Zillertal/Austria - you start with a very slow slope and if you don't
know this beforehand you get stuck 20m before the top of a very gently
hill. Same with one blue slope at the lower station of "Moraine" in Val
Thorens - take the lower slope to go back to the city and get stuck for
certain.

But. With a moderately hard board you can still jump sideways. Do the
Ollie. Gets you moving too.

--
Krischan

MUD Morgengrauen - Ein Spiel fuer Leute, welche immer noch
http://mg.mud.de wagemutig genug sind, Buecher zu lesen.