Old October 15th 03, 03:04 PM
rubbershoes

Default Flow Bindings this year?

(Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message . com...
Anyone want to comment on Flow Bindings this year?

When ever I go to a place that does not sell them, I am told they
suck. When I go to a place where they are sold, I am told they are
excellent.

I enjoy carving and the speed of boarding. Jumping - just a bit - not
half pipes for me, but if you hit a jump - take it. That sort of
boarding.

Are Flow binding good? And with what sort of boots?

Thanks,

tmuld.

I used flows for the first time last year and have just bought a pair
for the coming season.They are fantastic IMO. they make no difference
to my riding -the real difference is in strapping your board on at the
beginning of each run and when you wipeout. it is so much easier to
put your board on with flows than with conventional soft bindings.
you don't have to bend down and do the clipups up which is a real
effort when you do it 100 times a day.

if you get on your board in the morning and go all day without taking
your back foot out then you don't need flows. if that's not you,then
you should find them less effort than normal bindings.

i just have regular soft boots(salomon dialogue) -you don't need
special boots. they're not for everyone. my wife hated them (though i
think the shop had given her the wrong size)