Old September 16th 14, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Engleberg skiing

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:51:33 +0100, PipL wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 17:27:43 +0200, Ace wrote:

There are ski lockers, of the rack type, but I don't think there are
any actual closed-door ones.

But what most people who want that sort of thing do is simply dump
their ordinary shoes, usually in a bag of some sort, under one of the
benches at the lower exit from Truebsee, or on the top floor next to
the ski rack lockers at the top of the stairs. Never heard of anyone
losing anything they've left there.

OK, I'd do that with trainers but not posh boots.

You really think people are going to randomly start searching through
bags to find the least smelly pair of boots they can? Naa, you'll be
fine.

Of course the exact layout of the lift stations is all changing now,
as they've started construction on the new fast lift that goes all the
way up to Stand. I note on some artists impressions that this also
shows some new learner areas at Truebess, which will be very welcome
for early season instruction.

Truebbess being Truebsee?

Err, yes.

Didn't realise that they were upgrading, though you probably mentioned it.

If you're interested, more details here (German only, but Google
Translate does a reasonable job on it.)

http://www.titlis.ch/de/header/unternehmen/projekte
http://www.titlis.ch/de/header/unternehmen/bautagebuch

Contrary to the original plans, the new lift now seems to be starting
from just next to the old one, as opposed to next to the railway
station in the village. I guess the additional cost and impact of
doing that simply to avoid a one-minute bus journey lost out to common
sense in the end.

Well, yes, I suppose, though that one minute bus ride is in reality a five
minute queue for a bus (which always seems like fifteen) plus a one minute
ride, usually crammed standing in the aisle.

It only take 8 minutes to walk, FFS.
--
Ace
Prime Ski School, Engelberg, CH