Old February 7th 19, 03:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Directions

On 02/07/2019 07:03 AM, Harvard Horvath wrote:
[Default] On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 09:51:44 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

When you get it, tell us how it works. I might buy one too.

Don't bother. The only reliable function is the step counter. 'Sleep'
does work if you pair it with your phone -- there's no display on the
unit itself. The HR and BP functions are really iffy, such that they're
worthless. The battery seems to discharge really fast. It needs to be
worn uncomfortably tight so that no external light can slip under the
sensors. It works better if you wear the display on the inside of your
wrist. It's a real bitch to put on -- designed for people with 3 hands.

Thanks. You just saved me the cost of beer. I owe you.

It may not be as bad as I thought. There was a protective film on it,
preventing perfect contact. BUT it charged completely the first time,
but seems to NOT being willing to recharge.

There's another one there for ~$6 more that also does O2sat, which would
be valuable.

It has a weather app (based on the gps reading) which claims 23F and
snowing in SoCal. I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

I emailed dx.com. We'll see what they do about it.

Quickly. To the Vathcave! I shall use my repair hammer on it!

What, you only have ONE? I got tired of losing the 10mm so I bought a
dozen of them. I know where 3 of them are now. I think.

--
Cheers, Bev
Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.