Old January 20th 19, 04:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harvard Horvath

Default motion sickness

[Default] On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 10:10:37 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

read a paper upside down? It's nearly impossible. I've even heard of
people who get motion sickness sitting on their couch playing video
games.

I took FauxPro video of my last skiing trip. The thing is set at wide
angle and is mounted on a chest strap. Watching it full-screen makes
me feel dizzy.

Excellant! Now that's what I'm talking about. As a sports fan I know
that there's already cameras mounted on race cars. And I'm waiting
for football quarterbacks to have helmet cams. I can't wait to see
what Mathew Stafford is looking at when he has the ball. But I never
anticipated that it would make some people dizzy. I don't think it
will be a real problem, I think the fans would love it. Also imagine
having a hockey goalie with a helmet cam. The possibilities for
sports are endless. Even the zebras can be equipped with body cams.

I assume this is the seasickness thing caused by the
difference between what your ears feel and your eyes see.

I think it's much much more than that. I think there's an earth flux
sensor built into all animals. That's the sensor that tells your
phone which way it is pointed, so the writing doesn't show up upside
down. I have one of the first ones on my yacht, for an electronic
compass. That's how cats always land on their feet, and birds can fly
in clouds and fog without getting lost or disoriented.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the Universe

Horvath