Old August 5th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
***DRAMA***

Default Anybody video as they board?

Thanks for the feedback. I've been to a couple of sites showing the
helmet-cam and it looks pretty decent. I do a lot of production so I can
always add a 'film' or slight grain look to compensate for resizing it up. I
tried the handheld last season and it looked like I was in an earthquake -
completely unusable but did give the feeling of impending disaster, which
can always be kinda fun.

I guess I'll go helmet-cam and try that. Looks like it should work ok. My
only problem is that I'm tired of waiting for the snow already...this Texas
heat is enough already!

"Octessence" wrote in message
***DRAMA*** wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has ever used a helmet-cam or something? I know
it's silly but I just feel like trying it to film my friends as they go
ahead of me. Any advice other than 'Get a life?'

A friend has, but he was rubbish so he only ever got us disappearing into
the distance . It was a good idea though because he had enough space and
power to leave it on all day so if anything good happened, he would get it
on film. The down side is that you need to be very close otherwise you
can't really see what's going on.