Old July 31st 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default Anybody video as they board?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:38:53 GMT, "***DRAMA***"
allegedly wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a helmet-cam or something? I
know it's silly but I just feel like trying it to film my friends as
they go ahead of me. Any advice other than 'Get a life?'

It's not so easy to get nice smooth shots if you're hand-holding. You need
to turn on the onboard stabalisation, but some work better than others.
The Sony Steady-Cam is better than Panasonic's OIS (which is next to
useless in these situations). You need to pre-focus and keep the camera
out of the spray of the snow to stop droplets getting on the lens. You
also need to practice lots.

Helmets cams can work better as the head stabaliser, but you then need to
be looking at the action rather than where you are riding. Depending on
the terrain, this may be a problem. Also, helmet cams are all (so far)
standard definition and full screen. If you have a high-def and/or wide-
screen camcorder, then your helmet stuff isn't going to match your normal
stuff.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/