Old June 10th 06, 04:44 AM

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:
Skied at Independence Pass

Eugene Miya wrote:
Dropped a postcard for you in Barrow to Lorenzo.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't get ahold of you when you were in town a while
back, but we were dealing with a spate of fires in W. Texas. I've since
retired so that won't be an issue again. ;^)

No problem. It was nice of my friend Electra and her son to invite me.

On our system of walkways, we have winter snow drifts.
We named the lower one Tioga, and the higher one Independence.
Tioga is open this year but I have to plow Independence starting tomorrow.

IP here is now open. Chains required. You can tell who trusts their
footwear, but then I slid on the way out.

Springtime in Alaska... It was in the 90s in Santa Fe last week while I
was skiing CO.

There's a major fire S. of Fairbanks. Makes the city smokey.