Old October 14th 09, 09:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default Ski buddies for adaptive skiing in French Alps

Julia Moss wrote:
We had an enquiry via the website from two American skiers who are planning
a ski trip to France. They are disabled and use sit skis (they have their
own equipment) and hoped to find ski buddies who could ski with them to help
them on and off the lifts. They have made enquiries to ski schools, all of
which would charge the hourly rate as if they were having a lesson.

They particularly wanted to ski in Avoriaz and La Plagne because of the
handiski facilities but I think they would be open to going anywhere they
could get some support and that has accessible terrain. They are prepared to
pay for the service, apparently they pay about 80 US dollars a day in the
USA.

Does anyone offer this service or are there any suggestions as to who they
could approach for help ?

Thanks,

Julia Moss

www.mountainpassions.com
An Online Magazine with Altitude

I might be interested.
Ask them to get in touch with me - my reply-to address is valid.