Old January 27th 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_3_]

Default It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

To answer your original question, the blue card signs denote lanes with
card-reader machines, BUT you can still hand your card to a human in the box
beside another lane (but not a télépéage one with the large T symbol in
orange). Only complication is that some older machines still rely on reading
the magnetic strip rather than the chip, which caught me out while exiting
the A10 Poitiers Sud, as my card strip was a little 'tired' - should all
work more efficiently in Eastern France, though.

Sorted. Bonne Route!

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com

"Pip Luscher" wrote in message
Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Ta.
--
-Pip