Old December 18th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Strap on bindings?

On Dec 18, 5:01 am, "KENT" wrote:
Hello all,
First time here. My wife and I are novice back country skiers. I have Alpina
1550 back country boots. They kill my feet. Does anybody make strap-on NNN
bindings?
I would like to use my insulated work boots to ski with.
Thank you,
Bill

About the only "strap on" ski (for adults) that I know about are
something called the Karhu Sweepers. I don't know if they are still
making them.
I understand that the Karhu Sweepers are something like snowshoes with
a little glide and look like short fat skis with snowshoe like strap
on bindings.
I doubt if they are any good for more than walking on the snow.