Old November 15th 04, 08:35 PM
Dmitry

"J. VerSchave" wrote

I am looking to buy an all-purpose jacket this year for my
snowboarding and mountain biking activities. I am assuming I should
get a separate shell and liner.

Liner? Why?

A good outfit consists of a base layer, a fleece jacket (I have 3
different ones and that's the only thing that changes according to
the weather), and a shell.

There's a Salomon Somatic shell jacket on sierratradingpost.com
for $140 now, that's what I used for a good part of last season and the
3 days I was out this season (~30 days total) and I highly recommend it.
But it doesn't have anything reflective on it.

Goot points about it a
- no liners or any other junk manufacturers like to attach inside
- no hood
- very simple and functional design

The only bad thing is that the front zipper likes to bite parts
of the shell and get stuck, but it doesn't happen too often to
be a big issue.

Basically it's an almost exact analog of the top-dog shells
like Arc'teryx Alpha SV, but for half the price and no damn hood.