Old October 27th 03, 02:06 PM
Ace

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:33:48 -0000, "BigAl"
wrote:

If the rsre people stay where they are and don't move over, where's your
problem?

Not sure we've got a 'problem'. This is an RFD, after all, and we're
discussing the fact that regular Usenet posters interested in skiing
already have a perfectly good ng, TYVM.

Or are you rather more concerned that a considerable number *will*
move over?

No. If I have concerns, it's more about the x-posting that will
inevitably go on. And as one of the 'regular, informative posters' on
here[1] I'd prefer not to have to scour two separate ngs when the
existing one covers all the ground required.

FWIW I would in many ways prefer a uk. group, but atm it's a question
of: rsre - it ain't broke, why fix it?

[1] I'd like to think, anyway.
--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)