Old January 20th 04, 03:10 AM
toddjb

Default Our snowboarding misadventure at Seven Springs

"Han Solo (D)" wrote in message . 8...
(toddjb) wrote:

It's similar with education...
Understand?

Martin,

I wasn't disagreeing with you, its one of those "to each his own" things.

Most people I've taught or have learned on their own through a few good
tips and some perseverance are linking turns at the end of a day. Sure,
they're tired, sore and don't want to sit down on anything hard for a
week, but they have the basic skills to do it again next time out and
they've also figured out how to ride a lift. After fearing that lift
ramp each time up, maybe the slope doesn't seem so bad!
I find a lot of people who take the beginner lesson don't get that
far.

I still recommend people to TAKE A LESSON, but don't think that what
worked for you is the best for everyone. As you have heard here, there
are good and bad instructors and good and bad tips from non-instructors.
From my experience, they're about equal. Sure some boarders can't tell
you "how to turn" but many others remember clear enough how they got
through it and they can pass on the info...its not rocket science,
just muscle memory you learn through trial and error.

Just different ways to learn...