Old January 17th 15, 05:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default More Northeast ski history

On 1/17/15 4:14 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
Like Slalom/B F Moore, Profile started as a maker of overalls for farmers and railroad workers, Carter & Churchill & Co not far away in Lebanon, NH. The company published an inside look, including some history, in an inside-back-cover ad in Nov 74 issue of Ski -

https://books.google.com/books?id=UT...20wear&f=false

Specialty clothes, pshaw.

I learned to ski in my Dad's WWII Army Air Force officer's wool trousers
- he called them his "pinks." Mom shortened the legs and I was good to
go. Fit like another popular WWII era item - the Zoot Suit.

Only major purchase in the early years was $5 for a set of (wood, of
course) army surplus skis, too-big leather boots with a fancy in-seem
leather strap, and bamboo poles.

A character building experience.