Old October 23rd 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Alan Baker

Default No instructing for me this winter...

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:
I taught my new girlfriend to ski last winter. She had never been on skis in
her
life. After half a dozen days, she was skiing blues all over Steven Pass, and
doing good looking parallel turns. That was at 62 years old. There's an old
couple at Stevens, probably 10-20 years older than that who are snowboarders.
They couldn't have learned very young. I started snowboarding in my mid 50's,
and then taught it a number of years. Don't let age stop you - with the right
instruction, and being in reasonable shape, you should be able to love
skiing.

Agreed.

The new gear and the latest instructional techniques can have you skiing
parallel in very short order.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia