Old February 24th 04, 06:21 PM
Some Dude

Default Helmets - any available with soft padding?

I just bought the "04 Boeri" and I hit my head several times yesterday
on the terrains and although I got some nice crunching in my neck
(not really dangerous, btw, its just Nitrogen releasing like
Chripractors do) my head didn't hurt at all..And some of these falls
were a good 6'

so- I'm all for Boeri

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:37:47 GMT, Henry
wrote:

I hit the back of my head a lot, as often as once a day, and want to get
some protection for my brain. So I am shopping for a helmet. It seems
to me that the helmets with styrofoam inside probably won't do much to
decrease the deceleration my skull sees when it hits the snow - right
now it is the pointed back of my head impacting the snow, and I think it
digs a deeper hole than a much less-pointed helmet would. The deeper
hole, to me, equates with a slower deceleration, less brain rattling.
And I don't think the stiff styrofoam gives enough to make up the
difference, much less add an additional margin of safety. So I am
wondering if anyone makes a helmet with a deep layer of foam rubber
that will compress more readily than the styrofoam. I am going out in a
few minutes to a general purpose sports shop to look at the helmets
used for hockey, whitewater, rock climbing, etc., to see what
construction they use. Any opinions here?

Cheers,
-sd
http://www.zoom.sh