Old May 18th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jim Flom

Default training question

"mike" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi all, I have started riding my bike to work it takes me about 70
min. one way. Can I count this time as training hours? and it kind of
like a two workout day 60-70 min in the mroning and then 60-70 at
night. If i stay in my zones and work some intervals in the ride I
should be ok right? or am i just dreaming and wasting my time.
thanks mike

If you're serious about using the commute for intervals, or any good mixture
of workouts (see Friel, The Cyclists Training Bible
http://www2.trainingbible.com/about.htm for some), especially in the
off-season, you can absolutely use these kinds of workouts for
cross-training.

JF