Old February 5th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

Default Mini Tour de Ski

On Feb 4, 3:40 pm, dardruba wrote:
Does anyone have news of this?
From the Italian News I think its at Bormio with three WC events to close the season
and to provide a WC Grand Finale but I couldnt make out if its this year or something
proposed for the future.

This has been on the books all season (from the XC calendar:
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.h...suchsector=CC),
but it looks like the FIS just started a big PR campaign. For the XC
portion at Santa Caterina, see http://www.grandfinals2008.com/calen...untry_eng.html

Details of the "mini tour":

Friday, March 14
14:00 - 2.5 Km Freestyle Prolog/Sprint (Ladies)
14:45 - 3.3 Km Freestyle Prolog/Sprint (Men)

Saturday, March 15
14:00 - 10 Km Classic Mass Start (Ladies)
16:00 - 20 Km Classic Mass Start (Men)

Sunday, March 16
14:00 - 10 Km Freestyle Mass Start (Ladies)
16:00 - 15 Km Freestyle Mass Start (Men)

I think this is pretty interesting. Two freestyle events in the last
three days is a recipe for ensuring that Kalla and Bauer win the
overall titles...