Old January 6th 06, 10:30 PM

JQ wrote:

"Glareice" wrote in message

JQ wrote:

"Hermann Ulbricht" wrote in message

Hi,
my son (9 years, 120 cm) wants a back protector for skiing and
snowboarding. Do I have to take care of anything, or are all protectors
more or less ok?
Thanks,
Hermann

What is a back protector?

JQ
Dancing on the edge

I think its like motocross body armor. I've seen some kids wearing it
along with full on motocross helmets...you know, because the guys in the
movies do it.

-g

I understand a kidney support and all the other gear worn for motocross but
for skiing and snowboard.
Snowboarders some times use butt pad, wrist guards & helmet but I never
heard of a back protector and especially for skiing. Now if his son is
doing some sort of quasi military combat training with full contact
maneuvers. I guess maybe his son is playing too many video games.

http://www.reliableracing.com/detail...&category=3510

I have seen a number of racers using them, if you have ever done a high
speed slide on a icy course back first into an object like a gate you
would see a purpose for them.