Old February 22nd 06, 10:25 PM

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
DJ Daimon wrote:
News wrote:

Does anyone know of sun glasses that I can use while cross country
skiing? All mine fog up so badly I just cannot see.

I'd advise going for actual ski goggles.

Depends what you're meaning by "cross country skiing". For light track
skiing I don't wear goggles because I find they're too hot and
(relatively) uncomfortable. I only get goggles out for serious Incoming
or if it's /very/ cold.

I use wraparound lightweights, a bit like those fit folk you can currently
see doing the rounds at the Olympics. They only seem to fog up if I blow
upwards.

Pete.

I go into the mountains where if there is a trail is it a hiker's trail. The
trail is thin, the trees are close to the edge of the trails and there are
steep hills. At times it is slow, hard work and I get fairly sweaty. The pay
off for me is the solitude, the peace and the thrill of going where few
others will go.

I have two pair of wraparound glasses that don't work at all, not even when
I am on the flat as they fog. I have never tried goggles.

I find I have the same problem with fog on my lenses when running. Makes me
wish some genius would solve this problem and makes me wonder what the
skiers are using in Turin.