Old December 20th 05, 03:16 PM

I bought my first pair long time ago... and Paul was the guy who fitted
them for me.

Since then I've fitted my own, using the kitchen stove. Its pretty
damned easy to do. Set the temp to directions, fit one liner at a time.

Rather than a fancy schmancy toe cap from shoe rubber ala Paul, I just
use a socked doubled back on itself a couple/three times so its all
thick over the toes.

I wonder if your wife's boots aren't too short though. It sounds like
the plastic bellows might be hitting her toes at the nail line... I've
done this a time or three in hard genuflect falls where you fall
forward and the boot pinches down hard on the toes. OUCH!

Wearing boots that are too large or too small seems like it can cause
this... the place where the boot bends doesn't line up where the foot
bends.

I use AT more often than not these days... no more toe pinch!

(take em to Paul, pay him to fit her... is the answer you might be most
comfortable with... tell him about her toenails and of course listen to
his advice. Dude knows his ****.

DMT