Old November 17th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Rossignol boots Salto STS

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:51:00 +0000, remove y
wrote:

A lot of time has been spend trying to find the replacement screw on
pieces ( toe and rear on the sole) for these boots that take the walking
strain and wear on road surfaces. They are probably 10 years old. The
web sites that I find never have anything like is needed even for up
to date boots.

And no one has bothered to reply to my enquiries

Am I wasting my time looking?

I would say so, yes. Replacement parts are generally available within
the manufacturing lifetime and perhaps for a short time afterwards,
but the market is so small that even existing spares would not be kept
for very long.

Anyone ever changed these parts?

Never been able to find replacements once they've worn out :-(

The problems are that I find these boots very comfortable and I suspect
that I am getting too old to buy another pair and will not get enough
use out of a new pair.

Modern boots do tend to be much more comfortable, so if you don't want
to buy new ones you would probably be able to rent ones that work for
you in most decent resort ski shops.

And money is tight.

Ah.
--