Old April 10th 04, 08:43 AM
Ian S

Default Beyond beginner board?

I live over in Bradford, not too far from Xscape, but haven't been over yet.
Is it good, wats the crowds like, etc.

"Dean" wrote in message
I've now been boarding for about a month, probably about 20 hours in

total,
mainly on indoor 'real' snow (www.xscape.co.uk). A couple of weeks ago I
bought my own board, a K2 'special' ('the offspring' album cover);

bindings
(burton CFX), and boots (VANS Daniel Franke).

I've been trying to get my turns to carve rather than slip, so far with

only
limited success; then today, I borrowed another board, not an overly
expensive one, a Salomon. I found my turns to be much more presise. My own
board now seems to just kinda bounce around when turning at any speed.

So I'm after some advice/comments, I'm sure that with limited experience

my
tehnical
abilities are still developing, but I think I may well have outgrown this
board. So, what should I be looking for, cost is not a major issue but
obviously I don't wanna just buy a board and find it's no beter than the

one
I have. Equally, going out and buying the most expensive pro board is
probably not what I need to do at the moment.

The majority of what I'm doing is indoor snow, I live 10 mins from xscape

at
Castleford.

Any ideas?