Old March 10th 04, 11:07 AM
Jim Hutton

Default OFF PISTE FOR BEGGINERS

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:56:30 +0000 (UTC), "k" wrote:

I have never been on a skiing holiday and I am planning to go 23 March to
Kitzbuhel. I have been to the Snowdome near Birmingham for the day and
xscape, and seem to be picking it up quite quickly. Rough parallel level.

I have heard far ranging stories about skiing off piste from the good (Great
fun, fresh clean powder snow, great to ski in) to the bad, (stories of
people skiing into rocks, and things they couldnt see under the snow).

I was thinking about giving it a go toward the end of the week, if I am
feeling more confident. Is there such a thing as begginers Off Piste?
Established off piste routes? or am I aiming too high?

I would appreciate the groups wisdom.

Thx

Austrian ski instructors are the best in the world IMHO. Sign up for
a solid week's class lessons and you will never regret it.

As well as learning to ski you will be taught mountain sense, good
manners, and how to drink ....

I went off-piste with an instructor on my second week's skiing in
Austria - marvellous, best experience of my skiing life.

DO NOT GO ALONE !!!!! or even with more experienced chums - they
won't have the local know-how to be safe.

Jim Hutton