Old January 24th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default vacation spots

On Jan 23, 4:14*pm, "
wrote:
My boyfriend and I started snowboarding 2 years ago and after hitting
all of the small hills in MI and WI, we are ready to head out west.
Any suggestions, even if you know of a website where we can search for
a deal? *We are still beginners, hanging out on blue hills for the
most part, and we want to spend as little money as possible for a
convenient place to stay (preferably at the hill so we don't have to
drive there everyday). Oh and a good night life would be fun! *Let me
know a package deal of some-sort would be nice, we want to go early to
mid March. *Thanks for your help!

It's very difficult to simultaneously maximize all your goals:
*cheap
*close
*lively
*early March

I assume the budgetary objective is the least flexible, so start from
there and then figure out the other priorities so you can determine
how much compromising will be required -- going later in the year,
going to a less apres-oriented resort, or staying farther away from
the action.

Joe Ramirez