Old November 9th 03, 01:15 PM
John H

Default What to wear

Whistler is a very friendly place so you could ask most any hotel for
information. Also there is some information on the link below.
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan/winter.asp
I really enjoyed Whistler and after skiing fare was a big part of that.
John
"Jez Harper" wrote in message
Did you have difficulty understanding the original post? A what point did

it
say anything about 'fitting in'? All I wanted to know is whether I would

be
allowed in to places wearing jeans and a ski jacket. How is that shallow

and
insecure?

I think that these are acceptable questions from someone who has never

been
to Whistler before!

"stuart" wrote in message

"Jez Harper" wrote in message
Well, I'd wear what I felt like if I was going to places where I would

have
to mingle with people like you, but I think I'd like to go to more

exclusive
places!

PS. You must feel a bit shallow and insecure if you feel that what you

wear
is the critical factor in determining whether or not you "fit in" in

these
exclusive places. This is Canada, bloke.

"stuart" wrote in message

"Jez Harper" wrote in message
This might be a stupid question.

I am going to Whistler for 3 weeks over Christmas and New year.

What
do
wear on my feet when I am not skiing? Snow boots? hiking boots?
Trainers?

Also, are jeans and ski jackets acceptable when going out in the
evening?

Cheers

Jez

What planet are you from? Last time I checked Whistler BC was in

Canada.
You
wear what the **** you feel comfortable in. What they gonna do? Some
minimum
wage lackey maitre'd (from Australia working at whistler for the

season)
gonna tell you that you aren't "appropriately dressed". They might

get
away
with that in the UK, but not here. The management would worry about
getting
sued for discrimination.
Hey! Try wearing a turban:-)