Old February 8th 06, 01:29 PM

"Paul-S8" wrote in message
Has anyone tried google earth to vie a ski area yet?

I carry a Garmin GPS with me while skiing. Amongst other things it records a
daily "track" of where I've been. On returning home I can upload these
tracks into Mapsource (a program that manages Garmin maps, waypoints, tracks
etc.) and view the tracks on a map. With the latest Mapsource there is an
option to "View in Google Earth" which launches GE then displays the tracks
in the appropriate place. You can then use GE to replay the tracks as a
"fly-by". Its quite neat although all of my tracks are in the French Alps
which are still very low resolution, and the GE images were taken in the
summer so there's not much snow about either. You get a pretty accurate idea
of the terrain though, especially if you exaggerate it a little in the
Options page (multiply by about 1.5 looks quite good).

The Andorra images look really great!

Walter