Old October 23rd 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
redlodge

Default new 2 snowboarding

z? wrote:
hi. one of my friends wants to take me snowboarding and i have no gear

and i rather not spend money on rentals. any advice on what to get for
the best women's boards boots bindings etc? thanks

If you're looking to really get into it, consider as much protective
gear as you can to make learning more fun. I started 6 years ago and
bashed a rib, but with advice from people (including Lonerider who also
answered your query) I ended up with a body-top with shoulder and rib
pads, a lid (a couple of years and some major mash-ups later),
knee-pads and very importantly tailbone protector / shorts!

That is some good advice on protecting the bod. I will second the
bucket, do not even think about heading out if you are a novice and are
not going to wear a lid. It is a must, and if you are interested in
protecting your head even more an athletic mouthpiece will also help.
It will keep your head from concussing and could help you from
chipping/knocking a tooth out. Beginners fall a lot and getting hurt
makes learning even more difficult. Stick to it and once you get the
swing of it, you will love boarding.