Old November 12th 03, 09:29 AM
Ace

Default SNCF March Tickets to the Alps

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:10:38 +0100, Krist wrote:

Ian Spare wrote:
On 12/11/2003 09:47, in article , "Krist"
wrote:

March is high season in the alps. On saturday many people travel to/from

No it's not.

Is it? I've been skiing in the French alps in march, and it didn't
exactly feel as being anything but high season, which, in my experience,
runs from January till March at least.

No, the ski season runs from Dec to April - high season is that part
of it around xmas & new year, plus the weeks of the school holidays
(normally three weeks in February) and occasionally (if it's early)
easter. Low season is usually the weeks before christmas, early Jan
and late March/April. The rest is 'normal' season.

Obviously these vary between resorts, but you get the idea.

The railways seem to disagree with you too, as the special ski trains
run wel into april.

Yes, for the entire season, not just the 'high' part of it.

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Ski Club of Great Britain -