Old November 12th 03, 08:42 AM
Ulf Kutzner

Default SNCF March Tickets to the Alps

Saroff schrieb:

I am going to Val D'Isere in March and was planning on beginning and
ending my trip in Paris. I am likely going to take the TGV down and
back on the twin Saturday's that bookend my trips.

I've heard that these TGVs are very crowded, expensive, and difficult
to get tickets for, so a few questions:

(1) When does SNCF makes these tickets available for public sale? The
website currently only allows you to purchase tickets until January.

They can add TGVs to the schedule.

I found for 27th of December departures for Bourg-St. Maurice direct
from Paris at

7:50 (double-deck)
8:50
9:14 (double-deck)
10:14
11:10
12:47
13:40 (double-deck)
15:30

This is not bad for a holiday destination. Most but not all of these
trains should also run in March, maybe with alterated schedules. Avoid
changes to regional trains as they might get crowded, indeed.

Regards & X-post, ULF