Old November 12th 03, 08:11 AM
Ian Spare

Default SNCF March Tickets to the Alps

On 12/11/2003 09:47, in article , "Krist"
wrote:

Saroff wrote:
Hello!

I am going to Val D'Isere in March and was planning on beginning and
ending my trip in Paris. I am likely going to take the TGV down and
back on the twin Saturday's that bookend my trips.

March is high season in the alps. On saturday many people travel to/from

No it's not.

the area as for a skiing holiday. For that purpose the SNCF runs many
direct TGV from all over France (and even Belgium and the Netherlands)
to the Alpine valleys, arriving there in the morning, and returning in
the afternoon.
But tickets on these trains are often hard to get, as travel agents
usually buy them up in whole blocks, to sell them as part of skiing
holiday packages.
So only couple of expensive fares might be available when the train
opens for booking... (two months in advance, if I'm not mistaken...)

Krist