Old October 6th 11, 09:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

Default Andorra

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:28:38 +0200, Ace wrote:

snip useful stuff
Anthing else you want to know?

Well, there was, but it turns out that under-sixes can't go into ski school in
that resort. So that's an end.

We're currently looking at Are & hemsedal: Are's the favourite as it's both
cheaper and the nearest lift's only 75m from the apartment.

Unfortunately it's in the Duved area, which appears to be isolated from the
main ski area.

One problem is the dates: our friends can only ski from 26th December to 2nd
January, which is rather a serious limit.

I looked at the Chalet Cascades in Flaine, which I seem to recall you saying
was flexible in dates, is that right? I'm not sure how easy it is for novice
skiers to get out of, though I guess they could walk up the hill 100m to (I
think) a green run that runs down to the ski school area.
--

Pip