Old October 19th 10, 10:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default Early Season

On 10/19/2010 04:55 PM, Walt wrote:
On 10/19/2010 3:15 PM, VtSkier wrote:

Join us at Killington. Walt's been here with me and his only
complaint was that we were too laid back. He didn't cut me
any slack by recognizing that it was a blizzard day and
we really didn't want to hit it any harder than we did.

I don't know that it was a *complaint" so much as an observation that we
took a much more leisurely pace than I usually do. I tend to channel my
inner puritan when hitting a real hill, skiing bell-to-bell without
taking breaks. Vt and crew are mountain hosts who ski KMart all the
time so their approach was to take a run or two, go hang in the patrol
shack for 15 minutes, take another run, go in for coffee, etc. etc.
It's different approach, that's all.

Of course, with it being a raging blizzard that day, any sane person
would be taking frequent breaks. Did I mention that I don't tend to
take breaks?

Gave me crap anyway.

Well, yes. And you're surprised by this? (c:

Well, no.
And I'd like to do it again. Maybe when it's not
such awful weather.

//Walt