Old May 26th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Why only ski Europe?

Ace wrote:
"

The Rockies:

Obtuse. Plenty of tree skiing. Plenty of powder skiing. You can ski
more powder in a single day in the Rockies than you can in a season in
the Alps.

Rubbish. I must have skiied at least 50, possibly as much as 100km
vertical of powder this season. In Europe. And that's with working as
well, not skiing full-time.

This season yes. But I can remember seasons which were almost 100%
blank draws for powder. Even with chasing after it. If I ski powder it
usually merits an entry in the diary. In the Rockies powder is just
there. It is not cause for comment.

I am not talking BS powder, like "Oh here at Vaspen, we have champagne
powder ! You can just blow it off the top of your car !" or "Come to
the powder paradise of ..." but the actual snow you can ski on.