Old January 4th 06, 05:11 PM

The CapLoc works for me:
http://bmary.com/XCOregonWaxBench.jpg
the hard part is finding stuff to clamp it to. I usually travel with a
c-clamp and a 30" length of leftover oak 1x3 to extend a tabletop when
needed. Dining room tables, balcony railings, and kitchen counter tops have
all served. The photo above is from a motel room last year. I couldn't make
the board/c-clamp trick work. I had to take the drawers out of a desk in the
room, turn them on end, drape a bed sheet over them, and clamped onto the
front of the drawers with the caploc. It worked quite well even though I
didn't bother with the center post. When I was done, I walked out into the
parking lot and shook the excess wax off. neat.

Bob

"Gene Goldenfeld" wrote in message
et...
If you can't count on finding one at the other end, the Swix portable
three-piece set does ok, tho it's expensive:
http://store.yahoo.com/gear-west/t0supvis.html

Gene

"dave w" wrote:

There is a lot of talk about flying with skis. How about travelling
with the wax bench?
What do those of you that travel do?

Dave