Old December 14th 04, 11:14 AM
Switters

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:30:04 GMT, Baka Dasai
allegedly wrote:

On 13 Dec 2004 17:36:37 GMT, Switters said (and I quote):
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:27:14 GMT, Neil Gendzwill
allegedly wrote:
I'll put a number on it - I'd say 99% of snowboarders can't link
carved turns, and half can barely link skidded turns.

Neil, move away from the nursery slope, you'll see a higher standard
of riding. :-)))

Most people are unable to recognise a carved turn from a skidded turn.

Even "good" riders.

I'd refute that. Surely if someone knows what a carved turn is, then by
definition they should be able to tell the difference between it and a
skidded turn.

I think that perhaps the generalisation would be that people don't know
the difference between the two, and therefore can only do the skidded
variety.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail