Old August 25th 04, 01:12 AM
Jeff Potter

John Roden wrote:

I bet no more than 1 in a few hundred head-bangs go that way.

I don't think this is correct. If you look at all the serious injury
and death caused in slow speed motorcycle accidents caused by cars
turning left, my understanding is the etiology is the brain hitting
the inside of the skull and causing swelling.

Yeah, but they tend to be going faster than bikers/skiers. And again I
suspect there are tons of bashes for every serious injury.

I believe boxers have
similar problems.

Probably 1 in 1000 boxers have this problem.

If you've had a few concussions, a helmet sounds like a good idea. To
each his own!

--

Jeff Potter
****