Old August 24th 04, 11:47 AM
John Roden

I bet no more than 1 in a few hundred head-bangs go that way.

I don't think this is correct. If you look at all the serious injury
and death caused in slow speed motorcycle accidents caused by cars
turning left, my understanding is the etiology is the brain hitting
the inside of the skull and causing swelling. I believe boxers have
similar problems.

I don't like wearing helmets on the bike, but after a few concussions
I feel like it is the best thing for the long term health of my brain.
Many people I ride with do not wear helmets on the bike, that's their
own business too.