Old November 24th 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Rob Convery

Default Advice - First time ski holiday?

"Dan" wrote in message
Hey,

My friends and I want to go on our first skiing holiday but the choice is
overwhelming so I'm asking on here for some advice. We are beginners,
party animals (good nightlife a must!) and being students, on a limited
budget. We're from the UK so english speaking resorts would be a bonus
though some of us have a basic grasp of french. Can anyone recommend a
resort that suits us?

Ideally we're looking at travelling either in the months of January or
February from a London based airport. Duration between 4 days and a week.

Also, we have no skii equipment or ski clothes. Where is the best place to
hire these? At the resprt or at a shop in England? Are there any good
websites which can tell us the basics on what we need for our first ski
holiday? Are there any other places where I can get good adivce?

Any help much appreciated.

Thankyou

Dan

For Clothes have a look at TKMax as they have some very good stuff for not a
lot of money.